Obesity is the single biggest healthcare problem affecting millions of women and men in the US and Canada. According to the data published by the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, more than 42% of all adults in the US suffered from obesity in 2018. It is possible to eliminate obesity with bariatric surgery, but a large number of people do not have access to affordable weight loss surgery.
Weight loss surgery for low income people is virtually out of reach in the US and Canada unless they have adequate health insurance and qualify the stringent eligibility criteria for this procedure. Fortunately, the cheapest weight loss surgery options are available just across the border in Mexico.
Affordable bariatric surgery financing is another credible option for people who cannot pay the full cost of the procedure upfront. Contact us today.
Low cost weight loss surgery options
Patients are often under the misconception that the cheapest weight loss surgery options are synonymous with lower quality. However, in reality, if you explore, plan and prepare for your bariatric surgery carefully, you can undergo the procedure with world class standards of care within your limited budget. Here are a few options to consider:
- Option 1: Mexico is an ideal medical tourism destination when it comes to weight loss surgery for low income people. The quality of care in Mexico is equivalent to the US or Canada, while the costs of care are only a small fraction of what you would pay in these countries for a bariatric surgery.
- Option 2: Bariatric surgery is available in different forms and techniques. If you qualify for all types of surgery, you can choose the more affordable alternative. For instance, low cost gastric sleeve surgery would be a cheaper option to look at if you are wondering how to afford gastric bypass surgery.
- Option 3: If you have limited health insurance coverage in your home country, you can discuss with your insurer if they would cover your costs for an affordable weight loss surgery in Mexico. This way you can avoid out of pocket weight loss surgery and utilize your limited insurance coverage.
- Option 4: Talk to a medical care financing company for competitive bariatric surgery financing for your procedure in Mexico. For example, if your only option is self pay gastric sleeve in Mexico, you do not have to pay the full cost upfront. You can try to obtain low interest gastric sleeve financing.
How to pay for bariatric surgery without insurance
Out of pocket weight loss surgery costs in the US and Canada can be prohibitively expensive for many people who are uninsured, under-insured or fail to qualify for coverage for this procedure. But this does not mean that weight loss surgery for low income individuals is not an option if they do not have coverage. Consider the following steps if you are concerned about how to pay for bariatric surgery without insurance:
- Talk to a reliable medical tourism provider about the cheapest weight loss surgery destinations, such as Mexico.
- Seek a free consultation with a bariatric surgeon through the provider and ask what is the most affordable weight loss surgery for you.
- Compare the difference between a low cost bariatric surgery US and affordable weight loss surgery in Mexico.
- Call up a few medical care lending firms to compare their interest rates for low cost bariatric surgery financing.
- If you choose Mexico for your surgery, request your medical tourism provider to book you an affordable accommodation for your stay.
Weight loss surgery financing
Weight loss surgery for low income individuals at best-in-class hospitals and bariatric centers is possible when they have access to competitive bariatric surgery financing. While you can borrow from friends or family or pay through your credit card, you should also explore the offers from professional medical care lenders for your weight loss surgery financing. Some of the advantages of these lenders include:
- Low interest rates because of compassionate care financing
- Quick loan approvals with minimal document requirements
- You can pay back in easy installments of up to 60 months
- Little to no down payment may be required
- No penalty costs if you pay back the loan early
Low cost weight loss surgery in Mexico
In Mexico, your cost of bariatric surgery is likely to be only about one-third of what you might pay in the US or Canada. No wonder Mexico has emerged as one of the world’s top destinations for weight loss surgery for low income individuals. The cost will vary depending on whether you are choosing self pay gastric sleeve or gastric bypass surgery.
CHECK THIS OUT: Low cost weight loss surgery in Mexico
Low cost gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico
Mexico is probably the cheapest place to get gastric sleeve. Your low cost gastric sleeve surgery cost in Mexico may range from $3,800 to $5,500 on average. As against this, the average cost of gastric sleeve in the US or Canada would be in the range of $10,000 to $20,000. In Mexico, your cost would include the surgeon’s fee, anesthesia costs, operating room charges, and several other inclusions.
Low cost gastric bypass in Tijuana, Mexico
The cheapest place to get gastric bypass from high qualified and experienced bariatric surgeons would be Tijuana in Mexico. If you are worried about how to afford gastric bypass surgery, consider this border town of Tijuana, where your cost of gastric bypass may range from $5,500 to $8,000 on average. In comparison, the average cost of gastric bypass surgery in the US or Canada could be as high as $20,000 to $30,000.
READ THIS: Gastric bypass cost in Mexico
Tips to choose affordable weight loss surgery
With advancements in bariatric surgery technology and techniques, the procedure is now much simpler and safer. You don’t have to choose an expensive place for your out of pocket bariatric surgery. Here are few tips that are specifically helpful for weight loss surgery for low income patients:
- Select a dedicated medical tourism provider in your home country who specializes in Mexico bariatric surgery
- Request your provider’s representatives to arrange your virtual consultation with the weight loss surgeon in Mexico
- Discuss the low cost gastric sleeve and gastric bypass options with the surgeon and choose the right surgery for your condition
- Consider low cost travel and stay options in Mexico with the assistance of your medical tourism provider
- Explore the possibility of insurance coverage, low cost financing, as well as any special offers or discounts from the surgeon or hospital
Affordable bariatric surgery at Jet Medical Tourism®
At Jet Medical Tourism®, we are on a mission to provide safe and affordable weight loss surgery for low income individuals. We believe that everyone should have access to high quality healthcare. Bariatric surgery is a life-changing procedure, which can help restore your healthy body weight and enable you to overcome serious co-morbidities such as diabetes, hypertension, and sleep apnea.
If you are looking for the cheapest weight loss surgery from a highly skilled and experienced bariatric surgeon at a full-service hospital or surgical center, look no further than Jet Medical Tourism®. Call us today to set up your virtual consultation with a weight loss surgeon for gastric sleeve or gastric bypass surgery today.