Jet Medical Tourism® is a top service provider in the field of weight loss surgery in Mexico. We are dedicated to helping people struggling with obesity to reclaim their health through low-cost high-quality metabolic and weight reduction surgery. We are proud to have on our team some of the best bariatric surgeons in Mexico. People love us for our patient care and compassionate approach to metabolic and bariatric procedures in Mexico. Their trust is our greatest reward.
Contact Jet Medical Tourism® today to learn more about weight loss surgery in Mexico.
Best bariatric surgeons in Mexico (2021)
Medical innovation has made Mexico’s weight loss procedures safer than ever. The skill and experience of the best bariatric surgeons in Mexico is still crucial to impact patient outcome. The surgery should take place by a bariatric specialist with a proven track record and a high success rate.
Dr. David Vazquez – Best Bariatric Surgeon in Tijuana, Mexico
Dr. David Vazquez is among the best bariatric surgeons in Mexico specializing in weight loss surgery procedures using minimally invasive techniques. He is an expert in obesity management through surgery, using innovative surgical techniques that make bariatric surgery safe and less invasive.
- Degree in medicine from the Autonomous University of Guadalajara
- Residency in general surgery from the Autonomous University of Mexico State
- Fellowships in bariatric procedures at Hospital Angeles, Tijuana
- Certification in ATLS (Advanced Trauma Life Support) from the General Hospital of Valle de Bravo
- Minimally invasive obesity management
- Gastric sleeve, mini gastric bypass and gastric bypass surgery
- Single-incision laparoscopic surgery (SILS)
- Revision bariatric surgery
Dr. Eduardo Gonzalez – Board Certified Surgeon in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico
Dr. Eduardo Gonzalez ranks among the best bariatric surgeons in Mexico with a proven track record of successful weight loss procedures. Dr. Gonzalez has performed more than two thousand general surgeries until now. He is a member of leading national and international associations for bariatric surgeons.
- Medical degree from the Autonomous University of Nuevo Leon, Monterrey
- Residency in advanced laparoscopic surgery with obesity surgery courses from the UADEC
- Training as a bariatric surgeon at Fengh Academy of Minimally Invasive Surgery and Mexican College of Surgery
- Certified in Advanced Laparoscopy (ECFA endorsed, Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery)
- Board Certified by the Mexican Council of General Surgery (CMCG), specialty of bariatric surgery
- Bariatric and metabolic surgery
- Minimally invasive bariatric surgery
- Gastrointestinal and laparoscopic surgery
Nuevo Laredo, Mexico
Dr. Venecia Hernandez – Specialist in Bariatric Surgery, Tijuana, Mexico
Dr. Venecia Hernandez is one of the few female bariatric surgeons in Mexico, having performed thousands of weight loss surgeries at multiple hospitals in Tijuana. She is a multi-lingual bariatric surgeon with more than seven years of experience in procedures, such as gastric sleeve and gastric bypass.
- Degree in medicine from the University of Guadalajara
- General surgery residency at Hospital General de Tijuana
- Training in Advanced Laparoscopic Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery
- VSG surgery
- Roux-en-y gastric bypass surgery
- Mini gastric bypass surgery
- Revision bariatric surgery
- Tijuana, Mexico
All-inclusive bariatric surgeries in Mexico
Our motto is to offer you highly competitive all-inclusive packages for bariatric surgeries in Mexico. We invite you to talk to our knowledgeable and compassionate patient coordinators to discuss your options to undergo weight loss surgery in Tijuana.
Gastric sleeve in Mexico
We have some of the best bariatric surgeons in Mexico for gastric sleeve surgery. The surgeons will use the latest laparoscopic techniques to perform a sleeve gastrectomy. Laparoscopy makes your procedure less invasive and more precise because the surgeon can view the inner structures of your stomach on an external monitor while using very small incisions to perform the procedure with high precision.
Gastric sleeve Mexico is a restrictive procedure, which means it will involve the removal of about 75 to 80% of your original stomach volume. This will restrict your stomach’s capacity to store food, thus helping you eat less and lose weight. Our surgeons will make use of advanced surgical staplers to excise the stomach tissue, while leaving behind a small, banana-shaped sleeve or stomach pouch. The procedure is highly effective for patients suffering from type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, obstructive sleep apnea, and more.
RELATED READ: Gastric Sleeve Cost
Gastric bypass in Mexico
The surgeons will use the cutting-edge Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery in Mexico to perform this procedure. This technique is considered the gold standard in bariatric surgery. Our surgeons have perfected the Roux-en-Y technique with the laparoscopic approach to produce more predictable results in a less invasive manner. Gastric bypass Mexico is ideally suited if you have obesity-related type 2 diabetes.
Stomach bypass Tijuana, Mexico is both restrictive and malabsorptive. In the first stage, your surgeon will divide the stomach to restrict your eating capacity. In the second stage, they will reroute your small intestine so that a significant portion of the intestine is bypassed when you eat food. A new connection will be created between the small intestine and the new pouch. The bypass will reduce your calorie absorption for more rapid weight loss.
Mini Gastric Bypass in Mexico
Undergoing mini gastric bypass surgery may help you with weight loss, which varies across patients because everyone has a different body mass index (BMI) due to different heights and weights. On average, you can expect to lose about 60-75% of your excess body weight after surgery (first 24 months).
Revision weight loss surgery in Mexico
If you have experienced weight loss failure or post-operative complications from your primary weight loss surgery, we may have the right solutions for you. In case your original VSG surgery has not worked, you may choose VSG conversion to gastric bypass Tijuana, Mexico as a revision procedure. In the event of a bypass failure, the surgeons in Tijuana are equipped to perform RYGB conversion to duodenal switch surgery.
Gastric Re-sleeve Surgery
Gastric re-sleeve is the most common type of VSG revision surgery performed today on patients who have experienced weight loss failure following their primary surgery. The re-sleeve is performed laparoscopically with the patient under general anesthesia. It involves the surgical removal of additional stomach tissue to further reduce the size of the gastric pouch if it has stretched after the primary surgery. The goal is to limit the stomach’s capacity to store food and help the patient lose weight.
Lap Band Revision Surgery
Lap band revision surgery typically involves a conversion to bariatric sleeve, bypass, mini gastric bypass or duodenal switch surgery. The gastric band removal and the revision weight loss surgery can be performed concurrently in most cases. In rare cases, if lap band erosion has occurred, the surgeon will first perform gastric band removal, followed by a revision bariatric surgery in the second stage.
Weight loss surgery Mexico cost
We offer highly affordable weight loss surgery packages in Mexico for all types of bariatric procedures. We believe that no patient should be deprived of their right to restore their health and gain freedom from obesity just because the procedure is beyond their budget. Make initial contact by email or call 1-855-506-6188 to learn more about our low cost weight loss surgery packages in Mexico.
*These prices are only indicative and not actual. Actual costs will vary for individual patients due to several factors, including the choice of surgeon, choice of hospital, changes in pricing policy of the doctor or the hospital, complexity of the procedure, patient’s medical complications, and the number of days of hospitalization, among others.
Financing weight loss surgery in Mexico
We are committed to serving you in every way to make your bariatric surgery Mexico more affordable. If you do not wish to pay the full cost upfront for your gastric sleeve or bypass surgery Tijuana, we can help you connect with some of the reputed medical care financing companies in the US and Canada.
Here are some of the highlights of three dedicated firms you may consider for financing your vertical sleeve gastrectomy, single incision sleeve, gastric bypass, mini gastric bypass, gastric balloon, gastric banding or lap band, duodenal switch or revision surgery in Mexico.
- Years of experience in offering bariatric financing plans
- Speedy and transparent loan approval process
- Competitive interest rates for all bariatric loans
- Loan application is free of cost
- No restriction on the use of loan amount at any medical facility
- Travel and accommodation costs may also be covered in the plan
- Highly respected lender with over two decades in the lending market
- Dedicated eMedical Financing department for healthcare loans
- Quick and easy online application for all bariatric surgery loans
- Payment plans can go up to 84 months as per your requirements
- Multiple loan programs based on your credit rating
- Loan requirements will be matched with a lender to suit your needs
- Top-rated Canadian medical lender with over 25 years of experience
- Extensive range of bariatric surgery loan options available
- Over 10,000 healthcare facilities recognize the lender
- Loans are available without collateral
- No down payment and no pre-payment penalty
- Award winning company with competitive interest rates
Does insurance cover weight loss surgery in Mexico?
No, most medical insurance companies in the US and Canada may not agree to cover your minimally invasive surgery in Mexico. However, each insurance provider could have different policies with regard to insurance coverage. Therefore, when you are considering a bariatric surgeries in Tijuana, Mexico, you should first talk to your insurance company to determine whether your procedure costs will be covered.
At Jet Medical Tourism®, our endeavor is to help all uninsured, under-insured and other people who may not be eligible for coverage in their home country. We offer highly affordable bariatric surgery prices in Mexico to ensure that the benefits of this surgery are available to all. You may also choose easy financing options for your weight reduction procedures in Mexico with us.
Is weight loss surgery in Mexico safe with Jet Medical Tourism®?
We have an excellent safety record for bariatric and metabolic procedures in Mexico. Our stellar team of bariatric surgeons in Tijuana and Nuevo Laredo has years of training and experience in performing bariatric surgical procedures in Mexico.
Our surgeons have staff privileges at some of the leading hospitals and surgical centers for gastric bypass, sleeve, balloon and mini gastric bypass. We help educate our patients about all aspects of the procedure and share bariatric before and after photos and patient testimonials to help them make an informed and confident choice.
We do our best to educate patients about all aspects of the procedure and share weight loss surgery before and after photos and patient testimonials to help them make an informed and confident choice. We make sure that our patients get the best bariatric surgery in Mexico along with outstanding post-surgical care at highly competitive prices that they can afford.
Jet Medical Tourism® is happy to share the results of this comprehensive retrospective study published by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), which analyzed the safety and effectiveness of weight loss surgery in Mexico.
The analysis of 500 bariatric surgery procedures in Mexico revealed that only about 9.8% patients experienced early post-op complications, while 12.2% experienced late complications. Mortality rate in this study group was zero.
Weight Loss Surgery in Tijuana Mexico: Success Rate
Weight loss surgery in Mexico has a success rate equivalent to the US, Canada, or any other country – provided you choose an equally competent and qualified bariatric surgeon. We offer safe and affordable bariatric procedures because our surgeons and hospitals have a demonstrable track record of successful results for thousands of actual patients.
If you are looking for safe and predictable success outcomes from your weight loss surgery in Tijuana or Nuevo Laredo, Mexico, Jet Medical Tourism® is the right choice. Whether you need gastric sleeve surgery or bypass surgery, our bariatric surgeons are well-versed in both these procedures, in addition to various other obesity surgeries and non surgical procedure.
We would like to reassure you that the success rates of bariatric surgical procedures in Mexico have been well-documented by some researchers. The analytical study we have cited in the previous section provides valuable insights into these success rates.
Here are the highlights from this NIH published study involving 500 patients in Mexico:
- At 12 months post-surgery, one can lose about 76.9% excess weight
- At 24 months post-surgery, one can lose about 77.6% excess weight
- RNY Mexico resulted in maximum weight reduction at 12 months
- Failure rate for Mexico bariatric surgery was only 11.4%
- Patients suffering from Type 2 diabetes had a full disease remission in 68.7% cases
- Partial remission of type 2 diabetes occurred in 9.3% cases
- Improvement in the signs of type 2 diabetes was seen in 21.8% cases
Mexico weight loss surgery requirements
Our bariatric surgeons will provide you a free consultation to guide you about the procedure requirements and will determine whether you qualify for this surgery. The requirements for gastric bypass Mexico and VSG Mexico are quite similar. But your healthcare provider is the best person to evaluate your candidacy after taking your individual factors into account.
In general, Mexico bariatric surgery requirements are as follows:
- The body mass index (BMI) should be 40 or higher
- The BMI should be 35 or higher if co-morbidities are present
- In special cases, BMI of 30 or above may be considered for surgery
- RNY surgery in Mexico is usually more appropriate if you have type 2 diabetes along with a BMI of 35 or higher
- For severe obesity with a BMI of 50 or above, duodenal switch may be the best option
- For a safe surgery, you should be in good general health and have no known conditions that increase your risks
- You should be prepared to follow the post-op dietary guidelines in order to be accepted for surgery in Mexico
Advantages of Weight loss surgery in Tijuana, Mexico
We have a team of some of the best bariatric surgeons in Tijuana who perform the surgeries at reputable hospitals, medical facilities and surgery clinics in this city that shares a border with the United States. You can expect to save up to 70% on your surgical cost in Tijuana, Mexico when you choose our services.
You have a big location advantage when you decide to have your bariatric surgery Tijuana with us. From San Diego Airport, you can conveniently cross the border by road or visit by air to this neighboring metropolis.
As Tijuana shares its border with the US, it has acquired similarities in culture over the decades. The large annual influx of US and Canadian medical tourists has also contributed to its international culture.
World-class hospitals and medical facilities equipped with the latest surgical technologies, operating rooms, ICUs, and laboratories.
Qualified and experienced in the latest bariatric surgeries who genuinely care about patient health problems.
Bariatric surgery in Nuevo Laredo
Jet Medical Tourism® gives you the option of having your procedure performed in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico. Nuevo Laredo is a sought-after medical destination for American and Canadian patients seeking safe and affordable bariatric surgery in Mexico. Nuevo Laredo is situated just across the border from Laredo city in Texas with excellent connectivity by car or flight.
Gastric sleeve in Nuevo Laredo
Gastric sleeve in Nuevo Laredo is one of the most popular surgical procedures among our patients. This minimally invasive surgery will not only reduce your eating capacity, but will also curb your appetite because it lowers the production of hunger hormones in the body.
Gastric bypass in Nuevo Laredo
Jet Medical Tourism® works with one of the best bariatric surgeon for stomach bypass in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico. This type of bariatric surgery in Nuevo Laredo will work in two ways. The reduction of your stomach size will enable you to feel full quickly after a small meal.
Secondly, the changes to your small intestine will reduce your calorie absorption for more effective results. It is a highly effective surgery for the resolution or remission of type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and obstructive sleep apnea. You can achieve an average of 80% excess weight loss within 12 months.
Weight loss surgery Mexico reviews from our past patients
For our team, the most satisfying moment comes when a patient achieves their weight loss goals and expresses their love and appreciation for us. We are proud of the reviews we receive from our patients, which makes our work completely worthwhile.
Here is a glimpse of some of the recent gastric sleeve and bypass Mexico reviews we have received. For more detailed reviews, you can visit our dedicated patient reviews page.
Mexico weight loss surgery before and after photos
Some of our previous patients are happy to share their before and after photos to educate and inspire new patients. These photographs serve as a demonstrable evidence of how a bariatric surgery has helped patients achieve weight loss success and an improved health.
We want our patients to have realistic expectations and make a well-informed decision. These ‘before and after’ photos of patients who have undergone gastric sleeve and bypass in Mexico are an endeavor in that spirit from us.
Choose the best bariatric surgery in Mexico with Jet Medical Tourism
Our first concern at Jet Medical Tourism® is to guide and educate our patients about various options in bariatric surgery Mexico, and help them make a judicious decision. What might be the best Mexico bariatric procedure for one patient may not necessarily work for another. We will not adopt a one-size-fits-all approach at Jet Medical Tourism®. The weight loss surgeons in our network will draw a custom surgical plan for you after carefully determining your goals.
Why Choose us?
We are one of the most respected names in weight loss surgery in Mexico today. We have earned the love and trust of our patients through a single-minded focus on the patient’s best interests and hand-holding through their weight loss journey every step of the way. Here are some of the important reasons why more patients are choosing their bariatric surgery Mexico with Jet Medical Tourism®.
- Exceptionally high safety record for sleeve gastrectomy, lap band removal and gastric bypass surgery
- A medical team of some of the best weight loss surgeons in Mexico
- Working with medical professionals at highly rated full-service hospital(s) and surgical clinics in Mexico
- Affordable low cost bariatric surgeries in Mexico
- Personalized bariatric care and attention to every patient is assured
- Complete transparency in all-inclusive package prices
- Doctors with world-class expertise in RYGB Tijuana and VSG Tijuana
- Treating patients like family – with love, care, and empathy
- Efficient physician patient relationship
- Get trustworthy health information during pre-post surgery stages from your medical professional in Mexico throughout the entire process.
- Engaged support groups on Facebook to discuss your questions, progress and more!
Medical Tourism in Mexico: Yes or No?
Yes, medical tourism in Mexico is helping make healthcare more accessible and affordable for patients from all over the world. It is currently the second largest country in the world in terms of annual medical visitors. Data from Patients Beyond Borders shows that Mexico receives nearly one million medical tourists from the United States alone every year for affordable medical patient care.