Dr. Venecia Leon is a general surgeon who specializes in Obesity and Bariatric Surgery in the field of minimally-invasive laparoscopic weight loss surgery.
She is one of the very few female bariatric surgeons in Tijuana, Mexico who is fluent in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
Dr. Venecia Leon is a native of the multi-cultural San Diego-Tijuana international trans-border region. Her familiarity with the United States and Mexico give her the unique advantage of providing high-quality healthcare to a diverse range of patients.
Dr. Venecia Leon graduated from the prestigious Autonomous University of Guadalajara – a top international medical school and the oldest private university in Mexico. She completed her residency in General Surgery at Tijuana’s General Hospital.
Her interest in Bariatric Surgery arose from the increasing rate of obesity, and its impact on people’s health. As one of Tijuana’s top female bariatric surgeons, Dr. Venecia Leon is committed to performing the safest and most effective weight loss surgery procedures, primarily laparoscopic bariatric surgery.
If you’re seeking a trusted bariatric surgeon in Tijuana, Mexico who’s dedicated to your safety and well-being, Dr. Venencia Leon is an excellent choice. She is an extremely kind, honest and highly-skilled weight loss surgeon who resides in Tijuana, Mexico.
Dr. Venecia Hernandez Video
Dr. Venecia Leon Background
Dr. Venencia Leon is a general surgeon specializing in weight loss surgery in Tijuana, Mexico. She performs bariatric surgery at 4 locations including INT Hospital, Clinica San Juan, and Advance Health Medical Center.
- Medical License #: 5561501
- Surgeon License #: 09185522
- Current Residency: Tijuana, Mexico
- Languages Spoken: English, Spanish and Portuguese
- Medical School: Graduated with a degree in medicine from Univerdidad Autónoma de Guadalajara
- Bariatric Surgery Specialization: Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy, Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass, and Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Revision Surgery Specialization: gastric sleeve revision with re-sleeve, gastric sleeve revision to mini gastric bypass, gastric sleeve revision to gastric bypass, mini gastric bypass revision with reduction of the pouch, mini gastric bypass revision to gastric bypass, gastric bypass revision with reduction of the pouch, lap band revision to sleeve, lap band revision to mini gastric bypass and lap band revision to gastric bypass.
- General Surgery Specialization: gastrointestinal surgery, laparoscopic abdominal wall surgery, laparoscopic gallbladder removal surgery, laparoscopic abdominal wall hernia repair surgery, laparoscopic fundoplication (GERD) surgery, laparoscopic resection (for tumors or diverticulitis) surgery and laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair surgery.