Obesity in Florida seems to growing at an alarming rate just like liberty and prosperity in The Sunshine State. The latter is terrific the former is something to be concerned about. According to a Trust for America’s Health report, Florida’s adult obesity rate jumped from 28.4% to 30.7% in just one year from 2018 to 2019. This also resulted in a slide in the state’s national obesity ranking from 27 to 35. Patients should consider safe and proven gastric sleeve Florida to eliminate obesity. It is important to be aware of the prevailing gastric sleeve cost Florida in order to make an informed choice.
Contact Jet Medical Tourism® today.
Bariatric surgery Florida
A number of accredited hospitals and bariatric centers offer the latest procedures in weight loss surgery Florida, such as vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG) and Roux-en-y gastric bypass. You should seek an appointment with a qualified surgeon to determine if you are a candidate for bariatric surgery Florida. Here are the salient points you should know about the costs of this surgery in the sunshine state.
- Cost of bariatric surgery in Florida is significantly high.
- Gastric sleeve cost Florida would be cheaper than gastric bypass.
- Low cost weight loss surgery Florida could mean lower quality of care.
- Choose bariatric surgery Florida if you have insurance coverage.
- Ask for an all-inclusive package for weight loss surgery Florida.
- Explore financing options for self pay bariatric surgery Florida.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: Weight loss surgery cost: A comprehensive guide
Gastric sleeve Florida
Gastric sleeve is likely among the most popular form of bariatric surgery in Florida. During your initial consultation, your surgeon will educate you about all aspects of the procedure and discuss the gastric sleeve cost Florida. Make sure you do an independent cost comparison and consider all options before you choose gastric sleeve Florida.
- Procedure: VSG Florida involves surgical removal about 80% of your original stomach volume. You will be left with a small, sleeve-shaped stomach pouch, which will help reduce your capacity to eat and store food.
- Benefits: Gastric sleeve Florida is a safe bariatric surgery procedure that may produce excellent weight loss results. You may be able to lose up to 70% of your excess weight in the first year and also obtain relief from co-morbidities.
- Affordability: Self pay gastric sleeve Florida is not cheap. It is best to buy insurance that covers bariatric surgery in Florida before you go ahead with this procedure. With that said, you can travel to a low cost location for surgery.
How much does gastric sleeve cost in Florida
Gastric sleeve cost Florida can vary widely from $10,000 to $20,000 or more, depending on the city and your choice of hospital. Your goal should be work with a highly qualified and experienced bariatric surgeon at an accredited hospital or surgery center in Florida. During your initial consultation, be prepared to ask a few pertinent questions related to gastric sleeve Florida cost:
- How much does gastric sleeve cost in Florida at your practice?
- Does your cost include anesthesia costs and surgery room charges?
- Do I have to pay separately for pre- and post-operative consultations?
- Are medical tests included in my gastric sleeve cost Florida?
- What are your payment terms for self pay gastric sleeve Florida?
- Do you offer financing options to pay for bariatric surgery Florida?
READ THIS: Gastric sleeve cost in Texas
Low cost gastric sleeve surgery in Florida
Cheap gastric sleeve surgery in Florida may appear promising at first, but it is important to objectively evaluate your options. Even a low cost gastric sleeve surgery in Florida may not be sufficient low to meet your budget, if you are going to use the self pay option. Here are a few things to consider before you make a final decision.
- Standards of care: A low cost gastric sleeve in Florida may mean that you have to compromise on the standards of care. On the other hand, at a more affordable destination, you can get the highest quality of care at a low cost.
- Hidden charges: If the offer for a cheap gastric sleeve surgery in Florida sounds too good to be true, it probably is. You might end up with hidden charges later on, which could upset your budget and saddle you with debt.
- Cost difference: A low cost gastric sleeve surgery in Florida may be cheap by the US standards, but compared to offshore destinations, it may still be costly. You may still save thousands of dollars by choosing medical tourism.
READ THIS: Cheapest gastric sleeve surgery in USA
Self pay gastric sleeve Florida
If you do not qualify for insurance coverage, you may have to consider the option of self pay gastric sleeve Florida. Even if you choose a cheap gastric sleeve surgery in Florida, the overall cost could still burn a hole in your pocket. Make a judicious decision about your surgery after considering all options.
Things to consider for self pay VSG
- Obtain multiple self pay gastric sleeve Florida quotes for comparison.
- Start saving money to make full payment upfront for self pay VSG.
- Account for all pre- and post-surgery expenses in your budget.
- Negotiate for a discount on the self pay gastric sleeve surgery price.
Financing options for self pay VSG
- Ask your Florida VSG surgeon for an in-house payment plan, if any.
- Seek personal borrowings from family and friends at low cost.
- Consider medical care financing for self pay gastric sleeve Florida.
- Explore medical tourism options for self pay gastric sleeve surgery.
READ THIS: Low cost weight loss surgery
What insurance covers bariatric surgery in Florida
Blue Cross Blue Shield Florida is the leading health insurance company in the state offering weight loss surgery Florida coverage. Popularly known as Florida Blue, this insurance provider has different types of insurance programs to suit your unique coverage needs.
- To be eligible for Florida Blue weight loss surgery coverage, your bariatric surgeon should give a letter confirming your candidacy.
- Even if you have adequate Florida Blue bariatric surgery coverage, you will still have to pay for the deductibles and co-pays, if any.
- Florida Blue weight loss surgery coverage may involve a non-surgical weight loss program and psychiatric evaluation as a pre-condition.
- If you have limited Florida Blue weight loss surgery coverage, check whether the insurer will cover your costs of low cost medical tourism.
- Ask your employer if they can provide you insurance that covers bariatric surgery in Florida.
READ THIS TOO: How to get weight loss surgery approved?
Gastric sleeve cost Florida vs. Mexico
You can save up to 70% on your gastric sleeve costs, if you choose Mexico instead of Florida for your surgery. The average gastric sleeve cost in Mexico may be less than $5,000 at some of the highly rated hospitals and bariatric centers. Therefore, do not accept the very first gastric sleeve cost Florida offer, and do an objective cost-benefit analysis to choose between Mexico and Florida. Learn more about affordable gastric sleeve surgery by talking to a trusted Mexico medical tourism provider today.