Jet Medical Tourism is passionate about heart disease prevention. We strive in helping you build a healthy life to reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases and stroke by providing the most comprehensive and science-based nutrition program available to you.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death in America. It’s the No 1 killer among women.
More women die of heart disease than all forms of cancer combined. One in three adults has some form of cardiovascular or heart disease.
Many of these deaths and risk factors are preventable and food choices have a big impact on your heart’s health, even if you have other risk factors.
Risk factors such as age, gender, and family history cannot be controlled. In most cases with lifestyle changes and healthy food choices, you can prevent and control risk factors of heart disease such as:
- High blood cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Excess weight and obesity
The Amazing Human Heart
From the moment your heart begins beating until the moment it stops, it works tirelessly for you. Did you know that your heart serves one function… to pump oxygen-rich blood and nutrients to every living cell throughout your body and to remove the carbon dioxide and waste products made by those cells.
In order to achieve this goal, your heart must continuously beat for your entire lifespan.
Here are some interesting facts about your heart… did you know the human heart:
- Is an amazing muscle that serves as a pump
- Is the key organ in your body’s circulatory system
- Beats approximately 80,000 to 100,000 times a day
- Pumps almost 2,000 gallons of blood through approximately 60,000 miles of blood vessels that link the cells of your organs and body parts – which is far enough to circle the earth more than twice.
- If you live 70 to 90 years, your heart will beat approximately “2 to 3 billion times” and pump “50 to 65 million” gallons of blood during your life.
- Because of this vital role, a non-beating heart always results in death.
Prevent Heart Disease and Stroke
Certain types of heart disease such as heart defects can not be prevented. However, you can lower your risk for heart disease and may prevent current heart disease from worsening by:
- Controlling health problems (high blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes)
- Eating a healthy diet
- Engaging in regular physical activity
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Reducing and managing stress
- Not smoking
To lower your risk of heart disease, your diet should be
- High in fiber, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables
- High in omega-3 fatty acids
- Low in salt and sugar
- No saturated and trans fats
Find out if you qualify for the Tijuana Mexico Gastric Sleeve by clicking through to our online application form or contact us today to find out more.