It depends and it will vary because each person has a different BMI (body mass index) due to different heights and weights.
For weight loss after gastric sleeve surgery, clinical studies show the following averages:
- Most patients can expect to lose 25-30 pounds in the first month after gastric sleeve surgery.
- And reach their weight goal within 9 months post surgery.
- 65-80% excess weight loss per national averages over 18-24 months after sleeve gastrectomy.
- 55.4% excess weight loss reported in 24 studies (follow-up periods were 3-60 months).1
- 66% excess weight loss reported in a clinical trial (follow-up period was 36 months).3