Overweight and obesity are caused by many factors such as poor nutrition, lack of energy balance, an inactive lifestyle, environment, genes and family history, health conditions (i.e., hormones), emotional factors, age, and lack of sleep.
Being overweight or obese increases the risk of many life-threatening health conditions, including:
- Type 2 Diabetes
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart Disease
- Sleep Apnea
- Respiratory Problems
- Cancers – breast, colon, endometrial, gallbladder and liver
- Osteoarthritis, degeneration of cartilage and underlying bone within a joint
- Reproductive problems such as menstrual irregularity and infertility in women, etc
Treating Obesity Related Diseases
With the right treatment and motivation, you will lose weight and lower your long-term disease risk. You can start feeling better and seeing improvements in your health with just modest weight loss (ex: 5 to 10 percent of your total weight).
This means that if you weigh 200 pounds (91 kg) and are obese by BMI standards, you will need to lose only about 10 to 20 pounds (4.5 to 9.1 kg) to start seeing benefits.
The treatment methods that are right for you depend on your weight, overall health, and your willingness to participate and commit to your weight-loss plan.
Treatment methods at Jet Medical Tourism include:
- Behavior changes
- Dietary changes
- Exercise and activity changes
Form New, Lasting and Healthy Habits
Losing weight is usually achieved by making lifestyle changes such as behavioral, dietary, and increased physical activity. At Jet Medical Tourism, we specialize in these areas of change and are passionately committed to helping you live your best life.
Our Food and Nutrition Experts can hep you accomplish your weight loss goals by:
- Educating you on the relationship between balanced nutrition and weight loss
- Creating a personalized and specialized nutrition plan to fit YOUR individual needs
- Guiding you to a more invigorating, energizing, and joyous lifestyle through nutrition and physical activity
- Empowering, motivating, and challenging you to make the necessary changes