You’ve completed an important step by choosing to travel abroad for your surgery. Our professional team is committed to making your medical trip as easy as 1-2-3 for you. Simply follow the 5-step approval process below and start living a happier life!
Step 1: Get Approved
After we receive your surgery request, a Jet Medical Tourism® Coordinator will contact you to gather more detailed information. Then our surgeon(s) will evaluate your medical history to determine eligibility.
Step 2: Send Medical Records
In select cases, our surgeons may request medical records such as transcripts, X-rays, MRIs, CT scan and other test results as part of the overall approval process.
- If so, we will help convert your records into digital format and send them to our medical team in Mexico.
- We will notify you by email with the doctor’s decision – approving or denying the surgery request.
Step 3: Request Surgery Date
If approved, select a surgery date that fits your schedule. We will do our best to accommodate your request, but there is no guarantee. Your coordinator will check the doctors’ calendar and match your request to the next available appointment.
- If there is an opening, you will be scheduled. Your coordinator will email you an appointment confirmation packet with all the important details before you travel to Mexico.
- If there is no opening, we will book your surgery for the next available date.
Step 4: Prepare Passport
- The standard processing time for new passports is approximately 4-6 weeks.
- You can also apply for expedited service which takes 2-3 weeks door-to-door (costs $60).
Step 5: Make Travel Arrangements
Once you’ve completed the approval process and have been confirmed for surgery in Mexico, your coordinator will send you a confirmation packet with important details (surgery itinerary, pre-operative guidelines and payment instructions).
- You must read, sign and return the original copy before traveling to Mexico.
- After we receive all completed forms, your coordinator will assist you with any transportation and accommodation needs related to your trip.